- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: Autumn Term
- Duration: Long-term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Job Ref: MH/NPORT
- Salary: From £35 per morning
New Directions Education are currently looking for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to work within a Primary School in the Newport Area. The position will involve supporting a key stage one pupil who is a wheel chair user on a one to one basis. The successful candidate will be trained in manual handling as the position will involve helping the pupil in and out of their chair on a daily basis. Experience of working within the foundation phase and supporting pupils on a one-to-one basis is desirable.
The school have a strong team ethos whose main objective is to give all children within the school a happy and safe environment to enable them to achieve to the best of their potential. It is imperative that the successful candidate is a good team player but is also able to use their own initiative.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:30am-12pm until July 2019.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th November 2018