- Location: Shropshire - Midlands
- Start Date: Summer Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Mathematics
- Job Ref: DBmaths1
- Salary: £90 - £140
New Directions are looking for a Mathematics teacher for work within an excellent Shropshire Secondary School. The school are looking for a candidate able to deliver engaging and motivating lessons across key Stages 3 to 5. The successful candidate will be working within a successful department and be expected to provide a high standard of resources which cater for the differing needs of the children within the school.
Any candidates will need to have an up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum, have a sound knowledge of external examination requirements and have the ability to differentiate their lessons effectively so that each lesson delivered is fully inclusive.
This school sets high expectations for its pupils in regards to behaviour and education. The successful candidate would be required to uphold these expectations on a daily basis both inside and outside the classroom.
As a leading supplier of staff to schools throughout Shropshire, New Directions are able to offer the teachers on our books different opportunities within a wide range of schools. As a training provider we are also able to help those teachers continue their personal development whilst working with New Directions.
Newly Qualified Teachers are welcome to apply for this position.
New Directions Education recruits qualified mathematics teachers for supply and long-term work in schools across the UK.
If you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or experienced maths teacher looking to join a leading education supply teaching agency, we offer roles which include delivering the curriculum in key stage 3 (KS3) to key stage 4 (KS4) with a possible work at key stage 5 (KS5).
- Mathematics Teacher Trends…
Maths teachers continue to be in great demand, but they are in short supply. In 2012 reports indicated applications for maths PGCEs are down 10% (Graduate Teacher Training Registry).
New Directions are very keen to hear from individuals looking for work teaching mathematics in any capacity.
The Role of a Supply Mathematics Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th February 2019