- Location: Conwy - North West
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Mathematics
- Job Ref: PBMAT0911
- Salary: £90 - £140 per day
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Mathematics Teacher to work within schools within the Conwy area.
We are looking for a talented, hard-working and keen Mathematics specialist.
Successful applicants will be required to teach from Key stage 3 to 5 where lesson plans are provided, however on some occasions you may be required to plan your own lessons in line with the curriculum. You will work closely with other members of the department to ensure pupils are getting the most out of lessons and that all pupils are receiving the same level of support.
The suitable candidate will have strong Mathematics knowledge as this role does require detailed awareness of the national curriculum. Proven Improvement in student development, subject knowledge and classroom behaviour management skills are essential.
The post would suit a newly qualified teacher, keen to make their mark or an experienced teacher with expertise who is seeking a position of responsibility.
New Directions Education recruits qualified mathematics teachers for supply and long-term work in schools across the UK.
If you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or experienced maths teacher looking to join a leading education supply teaching agency, we offer roles which include delivering the curriculum in key stage 3 (KS3) to key stage 4 (KS4) with a possible work at key stage 5 (KS5).
- Mathematics Teacher Trends…
Maths teachers continue to be in great demand, but they are in short supply. In 2012 reports indicated applications for maths PGCEs are down 10% (Graduate Teacher Training Registry).
New Directions are very keen to hear from individuals looking for work teaching mathematics in any capacity.
The Role of a Supply Mathematics Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01248 884225, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th December 2018