- Location: Carmarthenshire - South Wales
- Start Date: April 2018
- Duration: 5 weeks +
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Mathematics
- Job Ref: op150202
- Salary: Competitive Daily Rate
New Directions have been asked to recruit a Teacher of Mathematics for a long-term position in Carmarthenshire. Starting in April we are currently sourcing candidates who are available for a minimum of five weeks with the potential of further a further term if required.
The successful teacher will:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Currently hold an up to date DBS attached to the online update service or be willing to complete a new DBS through New Directions;
- Confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents;
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) or an experienced classroom practitioner comfortable to teach up to Key Stage 5
New Directions Education recruits qualified mathematics teachers for supply and long-term work in schools across the UK.
If you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or experienced maths teacher looking to join a leading education supply teaching agency, we offer roles which include delivering the curriculum in key stage 3 (KS3) to key stage 4 (KS4) with a possible work at key stage 5 (KS5).
- Mathematics Teacher Trends…
Maths teachers continue to be in great demand, but they are in short supply. In 2012 reports indicated applications for maths PGCEs are down 10% (Graduate Teacher Training Registry).
New Directions are very keen to hear from individuals looking for work teaching mathematics in any capacity.
The Role of a Supply Mathematics Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Educationfor more information on this job vacancy,on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th February 2018