- Location: Powys - Mid Wales
- Start Date: May 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Further Education
- Category: Lecturer
- Job Ref: Maths
- Salary: £17 + per hour (dependant on experience)
New Directions have an exciting opportunity to be part of a top College in Brecon. I am looking for an experienced and influential Mathematics/Economics Teacher to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent track record of teaching and student progress within a successful college or secondary school. They will be expected to provide outstanding lessons to ensure excellence and achievement for all learners. You will also need to have excellent communication skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships within staff and students alike.
If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact on 02920 390 133 option 3.
New Directions Education recruits qualified mathematics teachers for supply and long-term work in schools across the UK.
If you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or experienced maths teacher looking to join a leading education supply teaching agency, we offer roles which include delivering the curriculum in key stage 3 (KS3) to key stage 4 (KS4) with a possible work at key stage 5 (KS5).
- Mathematics Teacher Trends…
Maths teachers continue to be in great demand, but they are in short supply. In 2012 reports indicated applications for maths PGCEs are down 10% (Graduate Teacher Training Registry).
New Directions are very keen to hear from individuals looking for work teaching mathematics in any capacity.
The Role of a Supply Mathematics Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th May 2018