- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Mathematics
- Job Ref: DZE
- Salary: From £100 per day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a qualified Maths Teacher to work in a Comprehensive School in Newport. This is a long-term position based on a full timetable, with an immediate start. There is also a strong possibility of the role extending to a permanent position making this a great opportunity for an aspiring Maths specialist.
Renowned for being a thriving department with a strong reputation of academic excellence, this role would be an excellent opportunity for both Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) as well as more experienced practitioners.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- A genuine passion for Maths;
- The ability to teach up to GCSE level
- A desire to further improve the overall achievement and success of Maths within the school;
- An optimistic outlook and the skill to encourage students;
The school is looking for a teacher who can be a valuable asset to their experienced team. New Directions has enjoyed a long-standing relationship with the education sector in South Wales and this experience will ensure that we find suitable roles for all candidates.
New Directions Education recruits qualified mathematics teachers for supply and long-term work in schools across the UK.
If you are a newly qualified teacher (NQT) or experienced maths teacher looking to join a leading education supply teaching agency, we offer roles which include delivering the curriculum in key stage 3 (KS3) to key stage 4 (KS4) with a possible work at key stage 5 (KS5).
- Mathematics Teacher Trends…
Maths teachers continue to be in great demand, but they are in short supply. In 2012 reports indicated applications for maths PGCEs are down 10% (Graduate Teacher Training Registry).
New Directions are very keen to hear from individuals looking for work teaching mathematics in any capacity.
The Role of a Supply Mathematics Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th March 2019