- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Further Education, Secondary Education
- Category: Lecturer, Media Studies
- Job Ref: Media
- Salary: £17+ per hour (dependant on experience)
New Directions are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Lecturer to deliver high quality teaching and assessment in Media.
The role will start January 2019, on a part-time basis, with the possibility of being based over multiple sites. Candidates will be responsible for the preparation, delivery and assessment of the course, catering for a range of learners.
Candidates must have a degree in the relevant subject and experience of teaching on A level/ BTEC programme. A recognised teaching qualification is welcomed, or the desire to undertake one.
Candidates will hold a valid enhanced DBS certificate on the update service, or be willing to obtain one through New Directions and have a valid registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
Are you looking for work as a lecturer in your local area?
New Directions Education recruits lecturers for vacancies around the UK in Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE) establishments.
What subjects do we supply lecturers for? There are many subjects that we cover including:
- Beauty Therapy;
- Electrical Engineering;
- Health & Social Care.
The role of a Lecturer:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th December 2018