- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: May 2019
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Salary: From £55 per day, School hours
New Directions are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in the Merthyr Tydfil area to provide Teaching Assistants to work with Key Stage 2,3 and 4 aged children in the area. The PRU is supporting various pupils receiving one to one support for a number of reasons; Behaviour Issues, Additional Learning Needs and conditions that make pupils unable to engage in mainstream environments.
The role will involve building relationships with pupils who have behavioural needs. They require a mature and nurturing presence in the classroom to keep them on track. You will be required to supervise the pupils during the lunch break also. If you have experience of behaviour management including managing behaviour, recognising triggers and diversion techniques, New Directions would love to hear from you.
The position will include a Team Sports element, if you have an interest in Football, Rugby, Netball etc, please let us know upon registering.
Please give us a call to discuss this post and the many others we have available if this is not the post for you.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th March 2019