- Location: Torfaen - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: French, Spanish
- Job Ref: DZE MFL
- Salary: From £100 per day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for an MFL tecaher to work in a High School in the Torfaen area from January 2019. This is a long-term position based on a full timetable, initially due to run until Easter, this role will then extend into the summer term for the right candidate. Renowned for its thriving languages department, this role would be an excellent opportunity for both Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) as well as more experienced teachers.
The school itself is in a unique Welsh rural location, which is based just outside of the bustling town centre, allowing students to study in a calm but purposeful atmosphere.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate and knowledgeable, with the ability to inspire and motivate students to succeed;
- Have the ability to teach French and Spanish;
- Adhere to New Directions Compliance procedures;
- Be in possession of a clear DBS with the update service (desirable but not essential).
New Directions will offer training and CPD opportunities, a dedicated Account Manager and the option to receive an annual Loyalty Bonus.
In schools the main jobs for Modern Foreign Language (MFL) teachers involves teaching French, German and Spanish. Other languages taught include Italian, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Urdu and Bengali. There is a shortage of teachers available in these priority subjects and as such, there is a high demand for high-calibre talent to take on the challenge.
New Directions Education is a specialist education recruitment agency supplying schools across the UK with MFL teachers for both long and short-term supply teaching positions. Experienced teachers looking for work are encouraged to register as soon as possible.
MFL Teachers - Newly Qualified Teaching (NQT) Roles
If you are an NQT looking for a job as an MFL, New Directions Education can offer you variation, regular work and guidance to get your teaching career of to a great start.
With years of experience in placing teachers in their language specialism, the relationship you build with your New Directions account manager will be integral in gaining the positions that will help grow your career in teaching.
The Role of a Supply Modern Foreign Language (MFL) Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th December 2018