- Location: Torfaen - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Music
- Job Ref: DZE
- Salary: From£90.00 per day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a Music Teacher to work in a High School in the Torfaen area from October 2018. This is a long-term position based on a full timetable, initially due to run until Christmas, this role will then extend into 2019 for the right candidate. Renowned for its thriving Music Department, this role would be an excellent opportunity for both Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) as well as more experienced teachers.
The school itself is in a unique Welsh rural location, which is based just outside of the bustling town centre, allowing students to study in a calm but purposeful atmosphere.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate and knowledgeable, with the ability to inspire and motivate students to succeed;
- Have the ability to teach up to GCSE level;
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence;
- Adhere to New Directions Compliance procedures;
- Be in possession of a clear DBS with the update service (desirable but not essential).
New Directions will offer training and CPD opportunities, a dedicated Account Manager and the option to receive an annual Loyalty Bonus.
Supply Teaching Jobs in Music across the UK
We welcome experienced teachers as well as newly qualified teachers (NQTs) looking to make their way in the teaching profession. We recruit throughout the academic year for music teachers to deliver from key stage 3 (KS3) to key stage 4 (KS4).
Some Typical Music Teacher Duties:
- Using information and communications technology (ICT), and considering its application in the music classroom at all key stages;
- Improvising, composing and performing in small groups;
- Developing evaluation, assessment and reporting techniques.
The Role of a Supply Music Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th September 2018