- Location: Powys - Mid Wales
- Start Date: asap
- Duration: ongoing supply work
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Maternity, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: NQTNEWTOWN
- Salary: £90-£120 per day
New Directions are currently recruiting for Newly Qualified Teachers to join our successful team of supply staff.
We have recently become the preferred supplier in Powys, following our success as the preferred supplier in other Welsh Counties, for example, Wrexham, Flintshire and Denbighshire. Therefore, we are very busy at the moment and have positions to cover day to day sickness, as well as long-term contracts. It is a great way to get yourself introduced to the local schools, either to gain more regular supply work or obtain a permanent role.
We are very flexible and work around your availability to get the hours to suit your needs. We are going into our busiest period now and it really is the best time to join us if you are looking to secure work for the rest of the year.
Access to your own vehicle is preferable as many of the schools are not accessible by public transport. However, we do have some staff who manage really well on public transport.
Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) looking for a teaching job?
New Directions Education is a prominent education supply teaching agency with nine offices across the UK. We recruit newly qualified teachers (NQTs) for short and long-term teaching vacancies.
If you are looking for a teaching job in a primary school, trying to find a vacancy as a local secondary teacher or eager to work in special educational needs (SEN), then New Directions would like to hear from you.
NQT Job Role
As you are now entering the world of teaching, there will be days when you have wondered what you have let yourself in for but during a recent session with NQTs, ex-Head Teacher and Business Development Officer for New Directions, Bob Meier, told the assembled group of graduates that "despite the hard days, teaching is the most rewarding career choice you can make". He also outlined the importance of making sure that your application forms, when applying for permanent post, are of the highest quality.
Typical duties of an NQT include:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th June 2018