- Location: Shropshire - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: TBC
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: BL09112018
- Salary: £90 for a Full Day
New Directions are currently recruiting for NQTs to join our team of Supply Teachers.
We understand NQT’s will have been applying for jobs from Septemeber to help finish their NQT year, However, if you have not been successful in securing a position for this coming year, working with New Directions is an excellent way to get introduced to schools in the area with a view to securing a full time permanent role.
As we are entering our busiest period, we have positions to cover day to day sickness, advance course cover bookings and long term placements. A lot of our schools are starting to look at their future bookings for the busiest time of year and are already starting to book these! Once you are registered, we will be able to put you forward for those roles if that is what you are looking for.
We also work with staff who are looking for part time work, mornings only or just the odd day here and there. We are very flexible and work around your availability to get the hours to suit your needs.
If you are graduating later in the year, we can look for HLTA or TA work in the meantime whilst we await your qualification.
Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) looking for a teaching job?
New Directions Education is a prominent education supply teaching agency with nine offices across the UK. We recruit newly qualified teachers (NQTs) for short and long-term teaching vacancies.
If you are looking for a teaching job in a primary school, trying to find a vacancy as a local secondary teacher or eager to work in special educational needs (SEN), then New Directions would like to hear from you.
NQT Job Role
As you are now entering the world of teaching, there will be days when you have wondered what you have let yourself in for but during a recent session with NQTs, ex-Head Teacher and Business Development Officer for New Directions, Bob Meier, told the assembled group of graduates that "despite the hard days, teaching is the most rewarding career choice you can make". He also outlined the importance of making sure that your application forms, when applying for permanent post, are of the highest quality.
Typical duties of an NQT include:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th November 2018