- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: On going
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: NQTJMB
- Salary: £80 - £90 Per Day
New Directions Education are currently registering Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) to work in Birkenhead, Wirral. We are looking for teachers who have specialised within Key Stage 2 (KS2) and are happy working in schools within the Birkenhead area.
We welcome applicants who:
• Have recently completed a Teacher Training qualification either in Degree form or as a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE);
• Are able to teach all age groups within Key Stage 2 (KS2);
• Can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents;
New Directions seek applicants who would like the flexibility of supply work and who would be available at times at short notice to fulfill last-minute sickness absences. Undertaking supply positions is a great way for you to gain experience in a range of schools and will help you decide which schools you would like to further your career in. You will also be able to pick up new tips and ideas which you can adapt to your own individual learning style. We are also able to offer free training courses to support your career development.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th September 2017