- Location: Ceredigion - Mid Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: On going supply placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Salary: From £90 per day
New Directions Education are looking for enthusiastic Newly Qualified Teachers to work in the Ceredigion area as supply teachers. This is a chance to work in a variety of schools in the area from Primary through to Secondary level. This is an excellent opportunity for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT) to gain experience.
Candidates must be dedicated and determined to succeed and also be reliable and flexible. A varied knowledge of the National Curriculum would be advantageous as well as being flexible to work in different levels of Education. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to secure long-term work.
- A flexible approach to teaching;
- Reliable and flexible attitude to work;
- Patient, outgoing and creative;
- Happy to adhere to New Directions compliance procedures;
- Welsh-speaking an advantage.
This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and gain experience in various learning levels. Free training will be available to all candidates as well as the full support of their own Account Manager. Successful candidates will have an excellent opportunity to enhance their career in education across a range of excellent schools in the Ceredigion area potentially leading to long-term work.
Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) looking for a teaching job?
New Directions Education is a prominent education supply teaching agency with nine offices across the UK. We recruit newly qualified teachers (NQTs) for short and long-term teaching vacancies.
If you are looking for a teaching job in a primary school, trying to find a vacancy as a local secondary teacher or eager to work in special educational needs (SEN), then New Directions would like to hear from you.
NQT Job Role
As you are now entering the world of teaching, there will be days when you have wondered what you have let yourself in for but during a recent session with NQTs, ex-Head Teacher and Business Development Officer for New Directions, Bob Meier, told the assembled group of graduates that "despite the hard days, teaching is the most rewarding career choice you can make". He also outlined the importance of making sure that your application forms, when applying for permanent post, are of the highest quality.
Typical duties of an NQT include:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01970 629 118 , or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th September 2018