- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: July
- Duration: Long term
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: NQT
- Salary: £90 per day
Are you a primary teacher qualifying this year? Will you be looking for work after your placement finishes?
New Directions are looking to recruit Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) to work in Flintshire and the surrounding areas from July 2018. We are looking for Teachers who are available for both short and long term work in Flintshire primary schools.
This is an ideal opportunity for primary teachers, who are embarking in a teaching career, to showcase their skills and gain invaluable experience within the local authority. Furthermore it will allow them to be considered for long term opportunities in the future.
New Directions are the preferred supply agency in Flintshire working with over 40 schools in the area, and we are looking for Teachers who would relish the opportunity to forge mutually beneficial relationships with schools on a part/full time basis.
We are looking for passionate and flexible Teachers who are able to provide pupils with high quality learning experiences. You must be able to deliver appropriate lessons that meet the educational needs of the children in the class, mark children’s work carefully and conscientiously in accordance with the school’s policy.
As a Supply Teacher you must have excellent organisational skills and a good knowledge of Assessment For Learning (AFL). From time to time you may be required to teach challenging classes, therefore strong classroom management skills and innovative behaviour strategies are essential to engage the pupils on a daily basis.
New Directions offer a number of benefits including: Guranteed Payment Scheme, Dedicated Account Manager and annual Loyalty Bonus.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th June 2018