- Location: Liverpool - North West
- Start Date: 20/6/18
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Early Years Teachers (NNEB)
- Category: Early Years Foundation Stage, Nursery Assistant, Nursery Nurse, Nursery Room Leader
- Job Ref: MGE Nursery
- Salary: competitive
We have a great opportunity for a Nursery Practitioner – SUPPLY to join our team in a Nursery based in Liverpool. The nursery offers a lively setting with lots of creativity and has a team that is dedicated to the care of children. We are looking for individuals to provide a hands-on, fun, creative and an innovative environment for children.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Observe, support and extend children learning.
- Follow plans appropriately for children using the EYFS framework.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
- Ensuring that all legislation in relation to special needs, safeguarding and Health and Safety is complied with.
Are you qualified to work as a nursery nurse or teacher?
If you have previously worked within a nursery and have suitable qualifications, New Directions recruits for jobs in schools, nurseries and children centres across all areas of the UK that you may be interested in. We recruit for jobs in nurseries such as managers, teachers and assistants for permanent and long-term vacancies as well as day-to-day supply work.
What is a job in a nursery like?
Your aim as a teacher or assistant in a nursery should be centred around giving the young children the best possible start to their life in education.
Every day you will be assisting in teaching language, literacy and numeracy helping the class reach the early learning goals of the national curriculum, along with encouraging good behaviour.
Aside from working with the children, your job also involves setting up and tidying away all activities, analysing and recording each child's progress and talking about it with their parents /carers.
Skills and interests for a nursery job. To be a good nursery/pre-school teacher, you must have:
- The ability to build good relationships with children, parents/carers and colleagues;
- Commitment to equal opportunities;
- The ability to work in a team but also to use your own initiative;
- Organisational and time management skills;
- The ability to manage classes well and deal with challenging behaviour;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Patience and a good sense of humour.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0820, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd August 2018