- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: On going supply
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Early Years Teachers (NNEB), Primary Education
- Category: Nursery Nurse
- Job Ref: EYFSJM
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a qualified Nursery Nurse to work across the Wirral on both day to day supply bookings and advance bookings. New Directions Education support Nurseries and Primary Schools across all areas of the Wirral by supplying qualified Nursery Nurses to cover their staff absences.
Previous experience of working within a nursery setting or working in primary schools within Early Years Foundations Stage (EYFS) is essential, along with flexible availablity.
A Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) or equivalent is essential.
There are often opportunities of positions to become more permanent should vacancies arise.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th June 2018