- Location: Monmouthshire - South Wales
- Start Date: January
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: 00SM-Aber291119
- Salary: Minimum £90 per day
New Directions are currently recruiting for confident Nursery Teachers for a long-term post in a lively Abergavenny based school.
For this role strong knowledge of national curriculum is essential. The school works continually to ensure each child gains the skills required for a happy and successful future, as well as to identify and develop emerging talents of every pupil by providing positive challenges and a happy, safe environment.
The ideal candidates will be looking to accept the challenges that come with Nursery including helping to guide Teaching Assistants as well as school pupils. Nursery is where children gain their initial school-based nurturing to grow towards an exciting academic life. So, it is important that the suitable candidate will:
- Helping to develop lively, inquisitive minds to challenge themselves.
- Work within the school community to appreciate achievements and aspirations.
- Create a safe, happy environment where every pupil is valued.
- Ensuring that children gain relevant knowledge and skills to thrive in adult life.
- Develop a sense of spiritual awareness, promote mutual respect, consideration and cooperation between members of the school community to enable them to become responsible citizens in society.
The school is situated locally in Abergavenny and is easy to travel to.
With lots of facilities and a strong community ethic within the school the long-term positions are well sought after and would be perfect for a Nursery teacher looking to show off their professional skills to like-minded colleagues.
If you are a Nursery Teacher who is interested in the above opportunity and require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at New Directions!
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th December 2018