- Location: Halton - North West
- Start Date: September 2019
- Duration: 1 Year
- Job Type: Maternity
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MATRUN
- Salary: £100 - £110 per day
New Directions Educations is working with a Primary School based in Runcorn who requires an experienced KS2 Teacher to cover a maternity absence in a a Year 4 Class for from September 2019.
We are looking for a Fully Qualified Teacher who can work Wednesday-Friday until July 2020 (End of Academic Year).
- A thorough up to date knowledge of the range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies and how to implement them effectively through the curriculum.
- A thorough understanding of KS2 education and a range of assessment requirements and arrangements.
- A clear understanding of age related expectations for children within the Primary phases.
- Know how to use local, national and statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching.
- Knowledge and understanding of the implications of equal opportunities, multicultural education and inclusion.
- Strong application of IT to enhance children’s learning.
- Know the legal requirements, national policy and guidance on the safeguarding of children.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Evidence of in service professional development.
- Good judgements in observations.
If you are interested, please contact Mark in the Wirral branch on 0151 515 0822.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th April 2019