- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2017
- Duration: Long term ongoing work
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff), Further Education, Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Category: Food Technology
- Job Ref: LSCAR
- Salary: £13 per hour
We are looking for capable, energetic Lunchtime Supervisors to help assist schools with their busiest time of the day. You will be required to work approximately an hour and a half to two hours every day between 11:30 – 1:30pm. Duties include encouraging children to eat and clear up after themselves, stand in their lines appropriately and cleaning down the tables and floors after the lunches are served. You may also be required to assist with playground duties and offer care, where necessary. School policies and procedures vary in each school and must be followed at all times, so a short induction from the admin staff may be required before you begin your shift.
The ideal candidate is someone who is looking for work everyday to fit around the school run or another part-time role. If you are interested in this role and feel that you would be an asset to our team then please contact us on the branch number below.
The general role of a Food Technology Teacher is to deliver an innovative and engaging approach to the delivery of the food technology curriculum. Working usually with colleagues across the DT curriculum, this is a specialist role which requires catering expertise.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum are met
- Encourage literacy and numeracy growth through food technology
- Evaluating the design and delivery of the Food Technology curriculum; continuously striving to improve all aspects
- Keeping effective assessment records
- Develop and maintain links with hospitality and catering enterprises
- Set targets for student achievements
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th November 2017