- Location: Cheshire West & Chester - North West
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: HLTAPTCHEST
- Salary: Competitive depending on experience
New Directions are looking to recruit an experienced and appropriately qualified Higher Level Teaching Assistant, to work in all classes in a large Primary School situated in the Chester area, every afternoon, five days per week.
The post will also include play duties.
This is a varied and interesting role, Candidates should be able to plan independently and effectively for the PPA role to ensure that the high standards the school is known for are maintained throughout the age range.
We are looking for flexible, energetic, positive and caring individuals able to work alongside other staff in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 27th July 2018