- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: BG300518
- Salary: £90-£100 a Day
Although small, this school is the hub of the community and has a friendly and welcoming ethos ensuring children feel happy and secure through their time at the school. Working closely with family’s first to ensure not only children but also the wider family including siblings and parents are getting the support they need. The aim of the school is to assist every child to be the best they can be, mentally, physically, emotionally and socially. They strive to create capable learners and develop healthy and confident individuals.
This is a great opportunity to gain more experience in a key stage 2 environment, you will need to be enthusiastic and open-minded, have experience of dealing with children with challenging behavior, additional learning needs and happy to get involved in supporting both the pupils and the family. Planning will be part of the role and work should always be age and ability appropriate as well as appropriate for the differing needs of the children to ensure each child has the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential. Good communication skills are an essential part of this role. Team Teach or a similar qualification are preferable for this role however not essential as New Directions can offer this free training should the successful candidate need it.
Working with New Directions you will be given a competitive salary and work closely with your dedicated account manager. You will be given the opportunity to gain free training throughout the school holidays and you will also have the opportunity to sign up to our guaranteed payment scheme which will guarantee you up to 5 days work on a weekly basis. Other benefits of working with new Directions include our loyalty bonus which could pay out up to £500 throughout the summer holidays for your continued loyalty to New Directions, also recommend a friend scheme which will earn you £100 for each person you have recommended to New Directions.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th May 2018