- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Start Date: SEptember 2018
- Duration: Possibly 1 year
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Salary: £90-£100 per day
One of our very popular schools in upper Caerphilly is looking for an experienced teacher to work as a job share for year 3 (KS1). The position will commence in September 2018 and is a long-term vacancy covering a Thursday and a Friday.
The school has an excellent ethos and strives to help every child reach their potential. It’s a very popular school with our supply teachers who request to return time and time again. The school have a great outdoor area and are big on Forest schools. Easy access links for public transport and good parking facilities on site.
Ideally you will be an outgoing person, creative and have a passion for good teaching.
At New Directions we look for enthusiastic Teachers who are passionate and have extensive knowledge of the National Curriculum. We have been awarded with the All Wales Agreement which means that we are the preferred supplier in South Wales, which results in us having strong and trusted relationships with schools across the Caerphilly Borough.
We offer a fantastic range of opportunities and benefits, some of which include:
- Guaranteed Payment Scheme (GPS Contract)
- Loyalty Bonus
- Dedicated Account Manager – who will tailor your bookings around you and your requirements.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Multiple Offices – so that you are able to complete your registration locally.
If you are an NQT looking to further you teaching experience or looking to explore your employment opportunities within Primary Education please do not hesitate to get in touch!
For the supply roles will also possess. In return for your hard work we offer great opportunities to build relationships in schools with staff and pupils, so that New Directions provide a service that is second to none.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd May 2018