- Location: Bristol - South West
- Start Date: March 2018
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: SWPE12
- Salary: £115- £140 a day
New Directions Education are currently looking for an experienced PE Secondary Teacher to work in a Secondary Schools in Bristol.
We currently have a high demand for Long Term PE Teachers within the Bristol area, we have some posts which full time are, 5 days a week and some that are part time, 3 days a week.
The successful applicant will have experience teaching PE at key stages 3 and 4. We are looking for individuals that are driven to motivate the students to actively take part in all the lessons through exciting lesson plans.
At New Directions we work with you to find the best opportunity, you will have a specific account manager that will support you day to day with opportunities. Your account manager will carefully consider your availability, experience and what you’re looking for in your teaching role to help you flourish in your career.
As a leading education-based supply agency, we can offer benefits which include on-going training and development, an annual loyalty bonus and weekly pay.
PE Teachers are in high demand for supply jobs
New Directions have regular supply teaching jobs for physical education (PE) teachers in all areas. These positions are available for qualified teachers who can teach key stage 3 (KS3), key stage 4 (KS4) and possibly key stage 5 (KS5).
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) looking for teaching work in PE are also advised to contact us to register.
The role of the PE teacher in schools is a vital part of the curriculum. In 2012, with the success of the London Olympics, a legacy for future generations has been created. This activity in schools is also in line with the government's target of getting our children fitter and more active.
The role of a Supply PE teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 0117 314 3510, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th February 2018