- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: Immeadiate
- Duration: Ongoing supply
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Physical Education
- Job Ref: MD - PE
- Salary: £90.00 - £130.00 per day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a qualified Physical Education (PE) Teacher to work in a local Wrexham school. This is a long-term position based on a full timetable, with an immediate start. There is also a strong possibility of the role extending to a permanent position making this a great opportunity for an aspiring PE specialist.
Renowned for being a thriving department with a strong reputation of academic and sporting excellence, this role would be an excellent opportunity for both Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) as well as more experienced practitioners.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- A genuine passion for their subject area;
- A desire to further improve the overall achievement and success of PE within the school;
- An optimistic outlook and the skill to encourage students;
- The ability to teach up to GCSE and A-Level.
The school is looking for a teacher who can be a valuable asset to their experienced team. New Directions has enjoyed a longstanding relationship with the education sector. We offer leading rates of pay as well as our highly popular candidate loyalty bonus.
We will also offer the chance of extra in-house training to help you develop your own career.
PE Teachers are in high demand for supply jobs
New Directions have regular supply teaching jobs for physical education (PE) teachers in all areas. These positions are available for qualified teachers who can teach key stage 3 (KS3), key stage 4 (KS4) and possibly key stage 5 (KS5).
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) looking for teaching work in PE are also advised to contact us to register.
The role of the PE teacher in schools is a vital part of the curriculum. In 2012, with the success of the London Olympics, a legacy for future generations has been created. This activity in schools is also in line with the government's target of getting our children fitter and more active.
The role of a Supply PE teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th September 2018