- Location: Ceredigion - West Wales
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: On going supply placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Physical Education
- Job Ref: iol3456
- Salary: From £90 per day
New Directions Education are currently looking to register supply teachers for secondary schools in Ceredigion. We require Physical Education specialists and are able to offer regular placements within schools, general cover work is also available. The schools are looking for teachers who will be able to further their students both academically and physically through knowledge of the subject. Placements are available as soon as registration is complete and will be on a regular basis.
We welcome applicants who:-
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’S) or experienced classroom practitioners;
- Are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Are specialists in Physical Education;
- Are able to plan and delegate activities for the support staff within the classroom;
- Are enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile;
- Are able to provide up-to-date references which will be able to comment on your teaching ability;
- Are fluent in both oral and written Welsh.
The schools we are placing candidates in are well resourced and keen to progress their Physical Education programme, they are also seeking teachers who are reliable and committed to working with staff and pupils alike. Through working in regularly in schools you will be able to develop your skills and experience to further enhance your teaching career. Whilst placements are currently on a short –term basis they may lead to longer term positions. New Directions offer competitive rates of pay along with free training courses to aid your career development and a dedicated account manager to work on your behalf ensuring your journey with us is a successful one.
PE Teachers are in high demand for supply jobs
New Directions have regular supply teaching jobs for physical education (PE) teachers in all areas. These positions are available for qualified teachers who can teach key stage 3 (KS3), key stage 4 (KS4) and possibly key stage 5 (KS5).
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) looking for teaching work in PE are also advised to contact us to register.
The role of the PE teacher in schools is a vital part of the curriculum. In 2012, with the success of the London Olympics, a legacy for future generations has been created. This activity in schools is also in line with the government's target of getting our children fitter and more active.
The role of a Supply PE teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01970 629 118 , or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th January 2019