- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: N/A
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Cover Supervisor, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: 0SJM090419
- Salary: £65-£70 Per Day
New Directions are currently recruiting for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTA’s) to work in a number of Primary Schools across the Heads of the Valleys.
We are looking for enthusiastic HLTA’s to start as soon as possible!
New Directions have been working as the preferred supplier across the Heads of the Valley’s, so we are regularly accumulating a high volume of support required for schools.
As well as long term cover for unfilled posts including maternity and sickness New Directions regularly work with ad hoc supply bookings.
If you would like further information please do not hesitate to get in touch on 02920 390 133 option 2.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th April 2019