- Location: Cheshire West & Chester - North West
- Duration: On Going
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: KS2FROD
- Salary: £85-£110 Per Day
One of our smaller schools in the Ferndale area is looking to appoint a KS2 teacher to support PPA across classes. The school is located in a friendly community and is looking for a teacher that is committed fully to the role.
Successful candidates will:
- Have high expectations of behaviour and learning in the classroom.
- Be able to work as part of a dedicated team who strive to achieve the best for the school.
- Be able to deliver innovative lessons and develop children’s well being and self-esteem.
- Be committed to developing their own learning and professional development.
New Directions Education can offer you:
- Working with an experienced account manager with local knowledge and established relationships with schools within your area.
- Loyalty bonus of up to £500.
- Recommend a friend bonus of £100.
- Flexible working across days and key stages.
- Guaranteed Payment Contracts.
- Opportunities of long term roles as well as day-to-day bookings.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st June 2018