- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW1
- Salary: £9 - £10 per hour
New Directions are looking to recruit experienced School Caretakers to work on a relief basis in various primary schools in Bridgend.
The opportunities available are both long and short-term temporary, covering staff absences such as sickness, beginning in September 2018.
Ideally all applicants will have previous experience working in a similar caretaker/handyman position and will be confident overseeing the upkeep of the premises.
Duties will include:
- Security of the building and grounds
- Opening and closing the premises
- Checking alarms and heating systems
- Organising call outs for external contractors
- General maintenance and repairs
- Cleaning duties including emptying bins and litter picking
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th June 2018