- Location: Hertfordshire - South West
- Start Date: Immediate
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: SWH584
- Salary: £100- £140 a day
New Directions Education have exciting new opportunities for Primary School Teachers to join the New Directions team to work in a Primary School in Hereford. You will be required to teach Key Stage One students. You will be working 5 days a week within the school and be responsible to plan and deliver lessons in line with the curriculum.
As a Primary School Teacher you will be required to deliver pre- planned lessons, be able to plan your own where required, mark completed work, teach work in line with the curriculum and to a high standard, motivate and help pupils develop in education, work as part of a team to ensure pupils are fully supported and follow school procedures including behaviour management and safeguarding.
Experience and Skills required for Primary School Teacher:
- Must have QTS
- Experience Teaching Primary age
Teacher benefits with New Directions:
- We don’t use umbrella companies!
- You tell us when you are free to work
- £50 loyalty bonus once you have worked 50 days.
- £100 referral scheme when you refer a teacher to work with us
- Temp of the month bonus payment or a gift/ voucher.
- Training and development opportunities
- Career advice and support.
- 24 hour service
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3510, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st October 2018