- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: NPND1407
- Salary: £90-£100 per day
Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) or Experienced Teacher looking for supply work in September? As preferred supply agency to the council, New Directions work with over 40 primary schools within the Newport area and are seeking Key Stage 1 (KS1) and Key Stage 2 (KS2) teachers for supply work on a short and long term basis in September.
Working through supply offers you both flexibility and the opportunity to network across schools in the area whilst helping you to gain more experience across the different age groups and key stage.
Successful applicants will be flexible, adaptable and demonstrate a passion for education, which encourages their pupils to foster a love of learning. They will also understand the necessity for equal opportunities within the classroom setting, creating a secure learning environment for all pupils.
Good classroom management skills are an important part of the role as well as empathy and understanding to children’s varying development needs. Part of the role will also involve marking and planning lessons that will engage and encourage children to develop their learning, whilst keeping within the curriculum.
New Directions Education are passionate about all candidates and ensuring we provide them with a service that is second to none. We are able to offer candidates a range of opportunities and benefits which include a Dedicated Account Manager, Guaranteed Payment Scheme, on-going training and annual loyalty bonus. If you are newly qualified or just looking to explore your employment opportunities for the next academic year, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th July 2017