- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CXDLLN1009
- Salary: £90 per day
New Directions are looking to help recruit a young, enthusiastic foundation phase teacher on behalf of a school based local to Llantrisant. The position will start from the beginning of next term and run up until the end of the summer term. If you are a NQT looking for a new challenge or an experienced foundation phase teacher we would love to hear from you. We are looking for teachers who are comfortable in teaching foundation phase classes, have an excellent knowledge of the current curriculum and who can create a positive working atmosphere that encourages pupils to achieve more.
The school is a medium sized community school that prides itself on providing a broad and balanced education both at foundation phase and key stage 2. They have an active social media account and like to include parents in their educational activities such as reading, sports and school outings. We are keen to appoint someone that is enthusiastic and will fully involve themselves in school life, building strong relationships to create great career opportunities within the school.
Working as a teacher through New Directions you will get many benefits including:-
- Working with an experienced account manager with local knowledge.
- Competitive rate of pay.
- The opportunity to gain a loyalty bonus of up to £500.
- Work on a Guaranteed Payment Scheme contract.
- Free Training for your professional development.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th September 2018