- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: NQT - Merthyr
- Salary: £90 - £95 per day
New Directions are looking for enthusiastic Key stage 1 (KS1) and Key stage 2 (KS2) newly qualified primary teachers to join our team of teachers in Merthyr Tydfil. We are looking for teachers who would like to complete their NQT year working in a range of different schools gaining valuable experience throughout the Key Stages. We will give you help advice and support on how to complete your NQT year through Supply teaching and will work with you to make sure you are placed in schools that help you to develop preparing you for a permanent role.
Working as a teacher through New Directions you will get many benefits including
- Have a competitive rate of pay
- Have the opportunity to gain a loyalty bonus of up to £500
- Work on a Guaranteed payment contract.
- Benefit from free training making you more attractive for long-term positions.
- Dedicated account manager and in-house safeguarding office for your support.
- Local office to complete registration.
- The opportunity to work for the governments preferred supplier.
New Directions currently work with 75% of the Primary schools in Merthyr Tydfil and our client base is growing all the time. The majority of our NQT’s go on to work direct in schools on a permanent basis solely due to the placements we have put them into.
Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) looking for a teaching job?
New Directions Education is a prominent education supply teaching agency with nine offices across the UK. We recruit newly qualified teachers (NQTs) for short and long-term teaching vacancies.
If you are looking for a teaching job in a primary school, trying to find a vacancy as a local secondary teacher or eager to work in special educational needs (SEN), then New Directions would like to hear from you.
NQT Job Role
As you are now entering the world of teaching, there will be days when you have wondered what you have let yourself in for but during a recent session with NQTs, ex-Head Teacher and Business Development Officer for New Directions, Bob Meier, told the assembled group of graduates that "despite the hard days, teaching is the most rewarding career choice you can make". He also outlined the importance of making sure that your application forms, when applying for permanent post, are of the highest quality.
Typical duties of an NQT include:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th August 2018