- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CXDMDLRCT0708
- Salary: £90 - £100 per day
New Directions Education are seeking flexible qualified teachers that are able to work in the new ‘middle’ schools in the local area. The schools are based in Tonypandy, Tonyrefail and Porth areas and cover years 4 – 8. Applicants must be adaptable as the schools are newly established and seeking to create the best opportunities for their pupils.
Teachers are welcome to be qualified in either Primary or Secondary level but must hold qualified teacher status and be registered with the education workforce council. The schools expect the highest level of teaching standards and are determined to create a curriculum that allows all children to achieve their full potential in caring environment. Though the schools are large in size the ethos is very much nurturing and they have great ambition to support every child on their journey to becoming successful.
This is a great opportunity for a pool of excellent teachers to become valued regular supply staff in local schools. There will be opportunities to use any subject specialism so those with experience delivering literacy and numeracy would be at an advantage.
New Directions Education can offer you opportunities in local schools working closely with a dedicated, experienced account manager. We are here to support you in your career choices should they be to obtain a permanent role or to build relationships with local schools on a supply basis. We offer free candidate training to support you on your continuous professional development and can offer a loyalty bonus of up to £500, holiday pay scheme and much more.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th October 2018