- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: September
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CE1709
- Salary: £90 a day
New Directions are currently recruiting qualified Key Stage Two Teachers to work in schools in the Cardiff borough. As we are the council’s preferred supply agency we have a high demand for Teachers in Cardiff. Schools need help with both short and long term supply requirements and New Directions are dedicated to finding excellent staff to maintain standards in education.
New Directions are looking for dedicated and reliable Key Stage Two teachers who are looking to broaden their experience and work in a variety of schools. Supply teaching can offer the flexibility to manage your own diary and create new opportunities by networking with local schoolS. Your dedicated Account Manager will help find the work that suits you and get to know you and your requirements.
As a supply Teacher we ask that you have a sound knowledge of the national curriculum, are confident with behaviour management and classroom discipline and are adaptable. New Directions help schools with all planned absences, sickness and medium to long term cover. We are here you to support you with your assignments, and have opportunities for your continuing professional development. Our training sessions can enhance your skill set and add to your professional profile.
New Directions can offer exciting opportunities in local schools near you as well as competitive rates of pay and loyalty bonuses. We are dedicated to providing an excellent service to both our staff and our schools, and have been embedded in the education community since 1999.
Please get in touch today if you would like to find out more about registering.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 31st October 2018