- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: ft2510
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are currently looking to recruit qualified teachers for the Neath Port Talbot area to cover PPA cover. This exciting position will initially start on a day to day basis, possibly leading to more regular cover in the coming months. This role requires an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about teaching with the experience of delivering the Curriculum and managing Teaching Assistants to maximise learning opportunities in a safe and secure environment. The right candidate must work well within a team to help pupils achieve their educational goals and will assume full classroom responsibilities.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities and skills;
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and delivering inspiring and engaging lessons, accommodating for all levels of learning and ability;
- Commitment and a hard-working ethos;
- A love of learning and a commitment to providing an inclusive educational experience for all pupils;
- Be registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Primary Teacher and be happy to adhere to New Directions compliance procedures.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th October 2018