- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: BLA1303
- Salary: £90 PER DAY
Are you thinking about completing your NQT year by working on supply?
New Directions could help you to find local work that suits your needs, as well as providing you with additional training and support, throughout your NQT year.
We are looking for responsible, enthusiastic teachers, who are approaching the end of their studies, to join us in providing a fantastic service to the schools we support. Ideal candidates will have: excellent behaviour management skills, energy and enthusiasm and will be happy teaching the entire primary age range. We are looking for people who are passionate about teaching and who want to be the person to make a difference to a child’s education experience.
We work closely with a large number of schools in the Blaenau Gwent area, to meet their short-term and long-term supply needs. We are the council’s preferred supplier, meaning there is always plenty of teaching work available. Your dedicated account manager will help to find you the right school and position to meet your needs and abilities. Furthermore, you decide the days you want work, meaning your week is tailored to suit your schedule.
New Directions also offer a plethora of benefits to our staff, including: competitive rates of pay, recommend a friend bonus (£100), employee of the month (£25 voucher), holiday pay scheme and a guaranteed payment scheme, so that you can be sure of what you are going to get paid each week. We also offer a range of free in-house training courses to enhance your CV (see below).
- Team Teach
- Mental Health Awareness
- Assessment for Learning
- Manual Handling
- Personal Safety Behaviour management
- Creative Writing
- Impact Wales curriculum
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Mindfulness & Wellbeing
- Digital Competency framework
We can even get you working in schools as a student teacher before you qualify.
If you think you could help us provide the best education possible for children in your area, then we want to hear from you!
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th March 2019