- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: CAR1303
- Salary: £90 per day
Are you looking for flexible teaching work in the Caerphilly area? New Directions are looking to recruit students who are nearing the end of their PGCE in primary education, to join our team of innovative professionals, working in a variety of schools across Caerphilly.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your professional development and begin your teaching career, whilst working locally, on a flexible basis. Around 85% of the schools in the Caerphilly area use us and we are the council’s preferred supplier, meaning work is never in shortage. Additionally, New Directions offers a number of benefits, including: competitive rates of pay, employee of the month scheme (£25 voucher), refer a friend bonus (£100), dedicated account manager who will help find you work that’s right for you, holiday pay scheme and lots more! We offer a comprehensive range of in-house training courses, free of charge to all of our staff (please see below).
- Team Teach
- Mental Health Awareness
- Assessment for Learning
- Manual Handling
- Personal Safety Behaviour management
- Creative Writing
- Impact Wales curriculum
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Mindfulness & Wellbeing
- Digital Competency framework
Ideal candidates for this role will: be professional, enthusiastic, confident in teaching the entire primary age range and have strong behaviour management skills, as well as being able to build strong working relationships with pupils and staff.
If you want to begin your teaching career by working at a pace that suits you, please get in touch with us.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th March 2019