- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CXDTPY2003
- Salary: £90-£100 per day
New Directions Education are working with local schools in the Tonypandy area and seeking dedicated, flexible teachers for supply cover. Teachers are required to cover PPA, sickness and course cover in local schools across all Key Stages. Our schools pride themselves on providing a nurturing environment for children where learning and development for all abilities is at the centre of school life. Teachers with experience in the local area would be at an advantage but our schools are welcoming to new teachers and keen to build relationships. Supply teaching can offer flexible and rewarding work for teachers without the stresses of planning, however if candidates are seeking a long term position with the full responsibilities it is a great place to start.
Candidates must be fully EWC registered and be able to provide referees that can comment on their teaching ability. NQTs are welcome to apply and encouraged to build rapport with schools to create future employment opportunities. You will work with a dedicated account manager with great knowledge of the local area and have the opportunity to be entered into our guaranteed work scheme. We also offer loyalty bonuses where candidates can get up to £500 over the summer period.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th March 2017