- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: September 20018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: BG06082018
- Salary: £90-£100 a Day
New Directions are looking to recruit a Primary Teacher in Blaenau Gwent for PPA cover September to January. We are looking for someone who is confident working with both Key Stage 1 (KS1) and Key stage 2 (KS2), have the ability to work closely with the class teachers to plan and deliver good quality, exciting lessons which will keep the children engaged whilst sticking to the curriculum and ensuring that the lessons are catered for the differing needs of the children within the classrooms.
The successful candidate must be willing to get involved in all aspects of school life including after school activities, parents evening and assessing the children’s progress. Good classroom management and the ability to deal with challenging behavior is essential for this role as you will not be a one classroom consistently. Additional learning needs (ALN) experience would be an advantage for this role but not essential.
If you would be interested in applying for this role please contact New Directions Education and ask for Carley.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th August 2018