- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Half Term in the first instance
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MP141118
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are looking to register an enthusiastic primary teacher who would be able to cover various classes and withdrawal sessions for a primary school within the central Swansea area. The position is to start in January and will be up until the February half term in the first instance. The successful applicant will be covering mainstream classes in the morning and booster sessions to targeted groups each afternoon. You will also have time set aside to liaise with class teachers and for your own Planning, Preparation and Assessment (PPA).
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Are able to teach classes ranging from Nursery through to Year 6;
- Are able to work closely with each class teacher to ensure continuity of approach;
- Are able to promote the ‘Cwricwlwm Cymraeg’ throughout the school and use incidental Welsh when appropriate;
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) or experienced classroom practitioners.
The school is looking for a versatile teacher who would be able to adapt to whole class and group settings. The successful applicant will be joining a supportive and driven team and you will have a vast amount of resources at your disposal. The school celebrates achievements and each child is encouraged to reach their own personal goals. Applicants who would be confident in delivering extra curricular activities are encouraged to apply as the school are aiming to enrich and broaden the range of activities available to children. New Directions Education will be able to offer competitive rates of pay, free training courses to aid your Career Development and a dedicated Account Manager to work on your behalf.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th November 2018