- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: On-going supply placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MPRWI
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are looking to register primary teachers who would be able to cover various classes for primary schools within the central Swansea area. The schools are looking to appoint teachers on a supply basis who would be able to take groups from each class for Read, Write Inc sessions. You will be working closely with each class teacher to plan what is needed next to help the children progress and achieve their individual goals. Whilst the work on offer is on a supply basis, the schools would be able to offer regular hours to ensure the pupils have continuity of approach. We will be able to offer you placements as soon as you complete our registration process and can offer you additional work outside of Read, Write, Inc sessions if this is of something you seek.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Can work closely with each class teacher to ensure continuity of approach;
- Are able to promote the ‘Cwricwlwm Cymraeg’ throughout the school and use incidental Welsh when appropriate;
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) or experienced classroom practitioners;
- Can contribute to school life and extra-curricular activities as and when required.
The schools are looking for versatile teachers who would be able to adapt to whole class and group settings. Successful applicants will be joining supportive and driven teams and you will have a vast amount of resources at your disposal. The schools celebrate achievements and each child is encouraged to reach their own personal goals. New Directions Education will be able to offer competitive rates of pay, free training courses to aid your Career Development and a dedicated Account Manager to work on your behalf.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th February 2019