- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Term in the first instance
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MP1701
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are looking to appoint a primary teacher for a school in Swansea. The position is for a Year 3/4 Class but the successful applicant must have either specialised in Music or have a musical background as you will be required to play the piano for school assemblies and prepare pupils for any musical performances. This position offers a full-time timetable but time will be set aside for Planning, Preparation and Assessment (PPA) and if extra time is required for performance rehearsals. The school are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and it is up until the Easter holidays in the first instance.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Can play piano up to Grade 8, conduct the school choir and play piano for public performances;
- Are able to plan and delegate activities for the support staff within the classroom to undertake;
- Can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents and undertake additional duties such as Parents Evening when required;
- Will utilise all aspects of the school from interactive technology within the classroom to outside activities, as part of a varied and diverse learning environment.
The school seek a confident and enthusiastic individual who will be passionate about representing the school in musical performances within the community. You will have the full support of the staff and be encouraged to create diverse and varied pieces to engage the pupils. The school is well resourced for the development of the class you will be responsible for and any performances which need to be undertaken. New Directions Education will be able to offer competitive rates of pay, free training courses to aid your Career Development and a dedicated Account Manager to work on your behalf.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th March 2019