- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: November 2018
- Duration: On Going Supply Placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MPKS22510
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education is looking to register supply teachers for primary schools in and around Swansea City Centre. We are looking for Key Stage 2 specialists and are able to offer regular placements within schools. Applicants must have either specialised in Music or have a musical background as these schools seek teachers who will be able to assist with school assemblies, concerts etc and assist with the preparation of pupils for any musical performances. As schools will soon be beginning their Christmas concert rehearsals, they would appreciate candidates who would be able to assist where possible. Placements are available as soon as your file is active on the system and will be on an on-going basis.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Are able to plan and delegate activities for the support staff within the classroom to undertake;
- Are able to promote the ‘Cwricwlwm Cymraeg’ throughout the school and use incidental Welsh when appropriate;
- Can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents;
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) or experienced classroom practitioners.
The schools seeking musical specialists are well resourced and keen to enhance their musical productions. They seek teachers who are enthusiastic and committed to working with staff and pupils within each class. Through working in regular schools you will be able to develop your skills and experiences and have the support of the school. Whilst placements are currently on a short-term supply basis they may lead to longer term positions if this is of something of interest to you. New Directions Education will be able to offer competitive rates of pay, free training courses to aid your Career Development and a dedicated Account Manager to work on your behalf.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th October 2018