- Location: Monmouthshire - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2017
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: MJ5
- Salary: £90 per day
New Directions are looking to recruit experienced and Newly qualified teachers (NQT) for long term positions and day to day supply within the Monmouth-shire area.The right candidates need to be flexible to teach across both Key stage 1 (KS1) and Key stage 2 (KS2) classes.
New directions are the preferred supplier across 19 different boroughs and are looking for teachers who can adapt in the classroom and are able to build positive relationships with both pupils and staff members.The right candidates should have great knowledge of the national curriculum, be reliable and dedicated to there position and work confidently and effectively across both key stages.
New Directions are committed to providing a fantastic service to our candidates. By working for us you can –
Have your own dedicated Account manager
Have as much or as little work as you want
Sign up with our ‘Guaranteed Payment Scheme’ contract if you want financial stability
Be a part of the biggest Education Recruitment Agency in South Wales
We are holding an open day at the job center in Abergavenny on the 14/08/2017 between 09:30am-15:30pm. If you are interested in coming along to register please contact Matthew James on 029 2039 0133 option 2 or email direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd September 2017