- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: NDSP3
- Salary: £60 per day
Our Cardiff based clients are actively seeking a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to work within a Key Stage 1 class for the remainder of the academic year.
Although the position is not challenging some of the desired qualities of the successful LSA consist of; exemplary behaviour management skills, a good knowledge of Read Write Inc and an ability to build great rapport with both pupils and parents. The day to day responsibilities of the chosen candidate include; group reading with pupils, assisting with classroom tests (spelling/maths), assisting with PE lessons and supporting with parental feedback. The average hours of work are between 8:30am – 15:30pm per day, Monday to Friday with a one hour break.
The school itself is easily accessible via public transport links. Locality to the school and community is preferred but not essential, on-site parking is offered.
If you feel you exude all of the above characteristics please apply as soon as possible. The successful candidate will begin with immediate effect.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th February 2019