- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW8
- Salary: From £9 per hour
New Directions are looking to recruit a motivated and reliable individual to work as a Relief School Caretaker in various primary schools in Cardiff. The hours will vary depending on the school, however the successful candidate will usually be required to work split shifts (hours are typically 6am-9am and 3pm-6pm), as they will be responsible for opening and closing the school premises.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate previous experience in building/maintenance/DIY and should have access to their own transport, as working as a Relief Caretaker will mean travelling to different schools in the area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Opening the building in the morning and locking up at the end of the day
- General maintenance and repairs throughout the school premises
- Up-keep of boiler and alarm systems
- Ground maintenance
- General cleaning duties such as litter picking, emptying bins
- Painting and decorating
- Organising external contractors for major work
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a variety of local primary schools and be responsible for the overall security and upkeep of the premises.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS registered on the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 28th August 2018