- Location: Vale of Glamorgan - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Long-Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW3
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
New Directions are recruiting for an experienced maintenance person to work as a relief School Caretaker in various primary schools in Barry.
Due to the nature of relief work all applicants must be flexible and reliable and should be willing to work in different schools on request, covering long and short-term staff absences such as sickness or maternity. Ideally applicants will also have access to their own transport, as the successful individual will be required to work split-shifts to open the school in the morning and lock up at the end of the day.
- Opening the school gates and locking up at the end of the day
- Securing the premises to guard against vandalism and break ins
- Maintaining heating, lighting and alarm systems
- General maintenance and repairs
- Liaising with external contractors
- Cleaning duties and supervising cleaning staff
We are seeking applicants with a strong maintenance background and an excellent awareness of health and safety.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS certificate registered with the Update Service or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th October 2018