- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Salary: £9 per hour
New Directions are seeking a flexible and reliable individual with a strong maintenance background, to work on a supply basis in various schools in Pontypridd and Treforest. Previous experience as a school caretaker is desirable but not essential.
Positions available can be long or short-term, covering staff absences such as sickness. Working hours will vary, however primary schools usually require caretakers to work split shifts such as 6am – 10am and 3pm – 6pm.
The ideal candidate will be hardworking, motivated and able to use their own initiative. They must also be able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of health and safety.
Responsibilities will include:
- Key-holding and opening and closing the school premises
- General security
- Maintenance and repair
- Painting, decoration and grounds maintenance
- Upkeep of heating, lighting and alarm system
- Carrying out health and safety checks
- General cleaning and supervising cleaning staff
- Liaising with external contractors for major work
Please note, all candidates must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st June 2018