- Location: Monmouthshire - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Religious Education
- Job Ref: DZE-RS
- Salary: From £100 per day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a Reiligious Studies Teacher to work in a High School in the Monmouthsire area from Novemeber 2018. This is a long-term position based on a full timetable, initially due to run until Easter, this role will then extend into the summer term for the right candidate. Renowned for its thriving RS Department, this role would be an excellent opportunity for both Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) as well as more experienced teachers.
The school itself is in a unique Welsh rural location, which is based just outside of the bustling town centre, allowing students to study in a calm but purposeful atmosphere.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate and knowledgeable, with the ability to inspire and motivate students to succeed;
- Have the ability to teach up to GCSE level;
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence;
- Adhere to New Directions Compliance procedures;
- Be in possession of a clear DBS with the update service (desirable but not essential).
New Directions will offer training and CPD opportunities, a dedicated Account Manager and the option to receive an annual Loyalty Bonus.
Finding a job teaching Religious Education (RE)
New Directions Education registers supply teaching jobs for RE Teachers to work with key stage 3 (KS3), key stage 4 (KS4) and possibly key stage 5 (KS5).
We welcome newly qualified teachers (NQTs) and more experienced teachers searching for vacancies in RE and those with passion for the subject.
- RE Teachers Report
The study 'Does Religious Education Work?' examined RE in 24 schools across the UK, including seven in Scotland. Religious education emerged as a subject which was reduced to relaying key facts about religions. Some positives included in the findings were:
- Often led by highly committed, thoughtful teachers;
- Positive contribution to multicultural awareness;
- May emphasise skills of debate, reflection and creative discussion.
This underlines some of the reasons why high quality RE Teachers are in high demand for supply teaching jobs.
The Role of a Supply RE Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th November 2018